Skip to Main Content

Transfer to Concordia

Undergraduate Admissions

A transfer student is an applicant who has enrolled and earned units at a community college or other postsecondary institution, prior to entering Concordia University Irvine.

Join the Concordia Community

Concordia University Irvine offers an experience for your whole self—the thinking & the feeling side of you; your head & your heart; your body & your soul; your mind & your spirit.

Your educational experience will be challenging & diverse; our faculty & staff are committed mentors who learn & live alongside students.

How to Apply

  1. Apply by November 15 for early action.
    Concordia University Irvine Online Application
    Common App
    We are waiving the $50 application fee!
  2. Submit your college transcripts.
    Transcripts from each institution attended, covering all collegiate-level coursework are required. Transcripts can be sent in electronically or be mailed to the address below.
  3. Submit your high school transcript.
    High school transcripts (which indicate and verify graduation) or GED completion certificate can be mailed to:
    Office of Undergraduate Admissions
    Concordia University Irvine
    1530 Concordia West
    Irvine, CA 92612

Are you a Military member, Veteran, or family member who can access GI Bill® military education benefits? Our Veteran’s Resource Center will support you from day one to graduation.

Admission Requirements

  • Cumulative college GPA of a 2.3 or higher
  • Graduated from a high school or earned a GED

Application Deadlines

Fall Semester

Type Apply By Notified By
Early Action November 15, 2023 Mid-December
Early Action II (Priority) February 15, 2024 March 1
Rolling Admissions August 23, 2024  

Note: Applications received after April 1 are reviewed on a rolling basis, and it is recommended that students apply well in advance. Once your application is complete, it usually takes two weeks to receive an admissions decision, depending upon the time of year.

Female students in class

Preparing to Transfer

Concordia University Irvine welcomes transfer students who have earned approved academic units at an accredited post-secondary institution and a minimum college GPA of 2.3.

In addition to meeting admission requirements, transfer students are encouraged to complete as many General Education (GE) and major requirements as possible prior to transfer. Learn more about credit evaluations and view articulation agreements.

Preparing to Transfer
Dining in the Caf

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I apply as a first year or transfer student?

A transfer student is someone who has enrolled and earned units at a postsecondary institution prior to entering Concordia University Irvine. This does not include students who have attended college for the first time during the summer immediately prior to fall admission at Concordia University Irvine. If you completed units the summer after graduating high school, you will need to apply as a first year student.

Are there required courses that I need to complete before transferring?

There are no pre-requisite courses to applying to Concordia University Irvine.

What if I do not see an articulation agreement for the school I am attending?

Contact your admissions counselor. We can still give you information on what units transfer to Concordia University Irvine.

How can I set up an appointment to speak to someone about transferring?

Please contact your admissions counselor.

What types of scholarships can I receive as a transfer student?

Transfer scholarships are available to students who have a cumulative college GPA of at least a 2.9. Please view the Financial Aid Scholarships page for more information.

Do I need to complete the SAT/ACT?

If you are applying as a transfer student, you do not need to submit any test scores, regardless of your amount of units.

How do I select classes that will transfer to Concordia University Irvine?

View our articulation agreements or contact your admissions counselor.

How do I know if my units will transfer?

Upon admission to the university you will receive a preliminary transfer credit evaluation. If you would like to request an evaluation prior to acceptance, please contact your admissions counselor.

What if I am a veteran or active duty military applicant?

For more information, please visit the Veterans Resource Center or contact Steve Leader, Veterans Resource Center Manager, at 949.214.3129 or [email protected]

Is there a minimum amount of units required prior to transferring?

Concordia University Irvine does not require a minimum amount of units before transferring.

Am I required to take religion courses?

Transfer students at Concordia University Irvinewill complete one theology course per year. Please see Q&I page for more information.

Request Info

Want to know more about Concordia University Irvine? Let one of our admissions counselors get in touch with you and answer any questions you might have.

Back to top